Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Berry Burst ConeFlower Thank You - Stampin' Up! Daisy Delight

  And now back to our regularly scheduled program!  First day of school here in the Richmond area so my boys are off to 4th grade and 6th grade and I'm back to hopefully being more regular with posting to my blog.  The boys are at different schools this year with different start and end times so I've got to work out the new morning routine to make sure every one is where they need to be at the right time.  Day 1 of 180 was successful!  Fingers crossed for the rest of the year.

  Today's card is one that I designed for my stamp club which was last week.  I had been waiting forever to be able to show the Daisy Delight bundle as it kept going on backorder since way back in April when demonstrators could order it after the spring On Stage event.  It's such an easy set to create with.  Clearly the daisy is a popular flower but I love how you can make the daisy into a coneflower with some snipping which is what we did to make this card in class.


 I especially love these colors together; Berry Burst, Tranquil Tide and Early Espresso.  I think it's a great fallish color combination.

 To make these flowers, the daisy is stamped 3 times in Berry Burst onto Berry Burst cardstock and then the centers are sponged with Berry Burst ink for some shading.  After punching them out with the Daisy punch they are snipped in half and then the halves are layered and adhered with the petals alternating.

   The centers are stamped with Early Espresso ink onto Early Espresso cardstock and then cut out.  The stems are stamped in Tranquil Tide onto Whisper White and then the flowers are adhered with one being popped with dimensionals.

  A bit of 1/2" finely woven ribbon is wrapped under the Whisper White layer, then adhered across the stems, and flagged at the end.  A gold faceted gem "anchors" the side of the ribbon.  I gave my stampers the choice of Tranquil Tide and Berry Burst ribbon and the gold and silver faceted gems to use.

  The thank you is stamped in Early Espresso and then the flower panel is backed with a piece of Early Espresso cardstock and then it's all mounted onto a Tranquil Tide card base.

  I had a few card packets leftover from class so I made them up for all of the teachers my boys have had in elementary school.  We've been so lucky with the fabulous teachers they've had that every first day of school I like to leave a card in their mailboxes to let them know they are still appreciated and to wish them good luck with the new school year.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Daisy Delight

Ink: Berry Burst, Tranquil Tide, Early Espresso

Paper: Tranquil Tide, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Berry Burst

Accessories: Daisy punch, finely woven ribbon, faceted gems, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! One of my favorite flowers and the colors you chose are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!