Wednesday, February 10, 2016

You're Awesome! - Stampin' Up! Sheltering Tree

  Today's card is quite the mix and match assortment.  A lot of times I make cards and just use one stamp set and maybe that stamp set coordinates with some DSP.  Other times a card comes together using all different products that might not seem like they go together at first glance.  My stamp desk usually looks like a tornado hit it when one of these cards is being created!


 
  The card base is Sahara Sand with a little bit of the texture stamp from Gorgeous Grunge peeking out.  The DSP is from the awesome Going Places DSP.  I love these map designs.  We were told at the a Stampin' Up! demonstrator event that these maps are of actual city streets so that is kind of cool!    I rounded the corners to soften the edges and echo the bike circles.

  I used the retired small heart punch to punch out another small scrap of Going Places DSP and then flagged the end.  Since this is a card I'm hand delivering I could get crazy with one of my hoarded mini library clips and attached a baker's twine bow to bring another little pop of red.
 
  It's an often overlooked stamp in the Sheltering Tree stamp set but the little bicycle is so cute and can be used on it's own outside of the nature/tree themed cards.  The bike is stamped in Basic Black and Real Red on Very Vanilla and punched out with a circle punch.  A few more circles are layered behind the bike to give it a little more weight. They are also popped up with a dimensional.

  I used the sentiment from the Sale-a-Bration set Botanicals For You.  The stamp actually reads ...Because You're Awesome and I inked up just the "You're Awesome" with my black marker. Using markers to ink up sentiment stamps gives you lots of options for mixing and matching sentiments to get just the one you need.

   If any of my blog readers are interested I also post on my Facebook business page "Stamping With Amanda" if anyone would like to "like" me to follow along with other stamping adventures.  I do share my blog posts there but also other stamping related news, pics, tips and interesting items so feel free to join me there as well!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Sheltering Tree, Botanicals for You (SAB)

Ink: Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Real Red

Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Basic Black,  Going Places

Accessories: circle punches, corner rounder, small heart punch (retired), mini library clip (retired),  Cherry Cobbler baker's twine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!