Friday, February 5, 2016

Clean and Simple Valentine - Fab Friday 80

  We are back at Fab Friday after a break since Christmas.  It's good to have a few weeks off to recharge and then jump back into the new challenges for 2016.  We are starting off with a color challenge this time!  Real Red, Watermelon Wonder and Blushing Bride.  


 
  I'll bet some of you will get super creative with these colors and just knock our socks off with a great use that I never would have thought of.  For me though, my mind went straight to Valentine's Day and as I was pressed for time making this card I couldn't dawdle and mess around with some other ideas so break out the hearts and love for this one!

 

  My card is a great way to use up some scraps that have been accumulating!  I simply dug out some narrow strips of cardstock in our challenge colors and adhered them right to the front of my card which is thick Whisper White cardstock.  The strips of cardstock are all different widths so it didn't come out too matchy matchy.

  I used the retired hearts framelits to cut a larger heart and then a smaller one out of another piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I then popped both up on dimensionals.

  Next, I pulled out the Paper Pumpkin kit stamps from last year's Valentine treat kit and stamped the sentiment on another scrap of Whisper White and then flagged the ends.

  My silver embellishments have been neglected lately so I added a strip of silver sequin trim as well as some silver thread behind the banner.  I used a few more dimensionals to pop the banner up on the small heart.

  And I seem to not be able to say no to the Blushing Bride Glimmer paper this Valentine's Day card season so I added a tiny punched heart to the side of the banner.  Done and done!  Pop that baby in the mail!

  I hope you'll join us over at Fab Friday to see the rest of the Design Team samples and then play along with your own creation.    Remember you have almost 2 weeks to enter our challenge so there's no excuse!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: My Paper Pumpkin January 2015

Ink: Basic Black

Paper: Whisper White thick, Real Red, Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride, Blushing Bride Glimmer paper

Accessories: silver sequin trim, silver thread, dimensionals, Owl punch, Hearts framelits (retired)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!