Friday, August 3, 2012

Faux Linen Postage Due

  I hope my local ladies aren't bored with seeing all the projects they made on Tuesday.  This is the last one then I'll be sharing some new things I've been working on.

  When the new catalog first came out I didn't even notice the Postage Due set.  Then I saw a sample or two around the internet and I thought it was cool and figured that it was a retired set that I didn't recognize.  Come to find out it's a brand new set that I completely overlooked in my initial browsing of the catalog.  It's a great set for vintage inspired cards, travel scrapbooking and masculine cards. 

  I wanted to teach my stamping ladies the Faux Linen technique as I had a pile of glossy cardstock that I wanted to do something with.  I bought it a REALLY long time ago for some technique or other and didn't use hardly any of it.  This is a really easy technique that gives a cool look to your card.  You can see a step by step tutorial HERE at Splitcoaststampers.  And what makes this even easier is the new sanding block that is in the Holiday catalog.  You can replace the pieces of sandpaper when they wear out and the foam block is easy to hold.

  The base of the card is Soft Suede.  We used the Labels Framelits to cut labels out of Cajun Craze and our stamped piece of Glossy cardstock.  After you have your labels cut you want to do the sanding on the glossy cardstock.  Go across the label and then up and down to get the linen look.  Then sponge some ink on (doesn't have to be perfectly even) and sand the same way again, across and then up and down getting all the gloss of.  You can always add more sponging and sand again to get your desired look.



  We stamped one of the postage stamps and punched it out with the postage stamp punch.  There is a little bit of sponging around the edges of the stamp to keep with the vintage feel of the card.  The light weight seam binding is perfect finishing touch for this card.

  I think I may use this technique to make a handful of notecards to have on hand for last minute occasions. 

  I just want to take a minute to welcome all of the new followers to Did You Stamp Today.  It seems over the last 2 months there have been quite a few new faces added.  If you have any questions about any of my projects or Stampin' Up! promotions going on just leave a comment or send me an e-mail and I'd be happy to help.  I'm glad you've joined us here at Did You Stamp Today!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Postage Due

Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso (now that I'm looking closer at my photos I think I forgot to put Early Espresso out for my stamping ladies on Tuesday for the background image.  They used Soft Suede for stamping and sponging...it works fine either way!  That's what I get for designing projects too far ahead of time...I forget exactly what I used!)

Paper: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Glossy White, Very Vanilla


Accessories: sanding block, Labels Framelits, seam binding ribbon, postage stamp punch, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!