Friday, August 10, 2012

Christmas Tree Forest

  I guess I've been on a Christmas kick lately after realizing that I was behind on my goal of getting my cards finished well before December 25.  As usual, I used a challenge as my jumping off point for this card design.  The color challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week is to use Midnight Muse, Old Olive and Raspberry Ripple. 

  
 I don't know why but this card was really hard to photograph...maybe the contrast between the Midnight Muse frame and the Whisper White "snow"??  Anyway, the base is Midnight Muse and then I cut another smaller layer of Midnight Muse and cut a frame from the center.  I really like this shape from the Apothecary Accents Framelits set.  Then I embossed the frame with the new Woodgrain embossing folder.  I backed the frame with an embossed piece of Whisper White using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I tore some scraps of Whisper White and adhered Dazzling Diamonds to mimic snow on the ground.  Just layer two separate scraps to give more depth to your "snow".

 
  The trees were all stamped in Old Olive onto either Whisper White or Old Olive cardstock with the Pennant Parade stamp set.  I punched them out using the matching Pennant punch and arranged them on my hills of snow.  For the larger tree I punched that one out with the scalloped pennant and added Dazzling Details and hand cut the base. Both are popped on dimensionals.

  The finishing touches for this card are the mini silver brads in the four corners, the Raspberry Ripple stitched ribbon knot on the right side and the "merry" punched out with the jewelry tag punch.  The only thing I think this card is missing is a punched star on the top of the big tree but the mini Christmas punches in the Holiday catalog are the only things I didn't order!  They might find their way onto my next order though just so I can use that star on this card!

  I've got the card parts for 9 more of these cards strewn about my stamping desk.  I'm getting closer to my Christmas card goal!

  I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and that you get to spend a lot of time stamping!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pennant Parade

Ink: Old Olive, Raspberry Ripple, teeny tiny bit of Early Espresso for the tree trunk

Paper: Midnight Muse, Old Olive, Whisper White

Accessories: Perfect Polka Dot & Woodgrain e.f., Dazzling Details, Dazzling Diamonds, min brads, Apothecary Accents Framelits, In Color Stitched ribbon, Pennant punch, Jewelry tag punch

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card. Love how you made a complete scene. Very wintery with the torn paper snow banks and glitter. You are way ahead of me, I haven't thought that far ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!