Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bird Love





 I'm combining two fun challenges for this card today.  The Colour Q challenge this week is to use Lucky Limeade, Pink Pirouette, Tangerine Tango and Poppy Parade.  The second challenge is from CAS-ual Fridays.  This is the first time I've played along with them only having just discovered this challenge blog over the weekend!  The challenge there is to make a Clean and Simple (CAS) card using something you'd see in the sky.  The bright colors from Colour Q paired with a CAS card seemed like a great combination!







cfc64

 When using bright colors like these I always find my cards turn out better if I leave a lot of white or "open" space.  I try not to fill up the whole card as it just ends up looking too busy.  So what do you think?  Did I fulfill both challenges?

 The base of the card is Whisper White and then a smaller layer of Whisper White embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I added a narrow strip of Designer Series Paper from the Summer Smooches pack.

  For the image panel I stamped the birds from For the Birds in black Stazon.  I used the new Apothecary Accents framelits to cut out the tag.  The matching piercing template made the piercing really easy and fast.  I colored in the image with my markers.  I added a tiny little bit of Dazzling Details to the heart.

  For the final details I put 2 silver brads in the label and then added a little Lucky Limeade baker's twine bow to the top.  I popped the label up with dimensionals so it wouldn't get lost against the white background.

 I didn't use a sentiment but can add that later depending on the occasion I need the card for.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: For the Birds

Ink: Black Stazon, markers- Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade, Tangerine Tango, Pink Pirouette

Paper: Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP

Accessories: Perfect Polka Dot e.f., Apothecary Accents Framelits, Paper piercing template, silver brads, baker's twine, dimensionals, Dazzling Details


10 comments:

  1. Love the card, Amanda, love those birds and the embossed background! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Love your little stacked birds and the pop of color with the pattern paper. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major cuteness! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design! The layout you used is fantastic, and those birds, simply adorable!
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute!! Love those birds! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the two challenges ~ a perfect CAS card ~ love the bird stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog through Pinterest. Love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interpretation of the challenge. Thank you for joining us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this, Amanda!! Your birds are just too "tweet"...lol...love how you stacked them...and the bright happy colors of your card...wonderful:)!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays and sharing your creativity with us:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome design, amazing color palette and the cutest focal image I've seen in a long, long time! Love this! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!