Wednesday, January 25, 2012

50th Birthday Card

  Good morning!  First of all I want to apologize for yesterday's post.  I tried 3 times to get it to post the way I wanted and it just wasn't happening.  So if you tried to read it through a reader and it was totally screwed up I'm so sorry.  Sometimes technology just doesn't work!  Hopefully this post will go up with out a hitch!  There wasn't a project yesterday just details about Sale-A-Bration beginning so you didn't miss any creative genius (Ha!!) or anything.  If you want more details about how to earn some awesome Sale-a-bration FREEBIES just let me know or check out this link at my online store.

  I made this card last week for a birthday party we attended over the weekend.  It was for a guy turning 50.  Hard card to make huh?  I looked through my stamps hoping to find one that jumped out at me to be used for this occasion and nothing was jumping at all!  The birthday guy is a friend of my husband's from hockey so I don't know him terribly well at all so that makes this card even harder to make.  When in doubt check the Color Coach and stick with something clean and simple!

  You really can't go wrong with a basic, clean layout for guy cards.  The base is Sahara Sand and I cut a just slightly smaller piece of Sahara Sand and ran it through the Big Shot with the Stripes embossing folder.  I added some really, really old, retired silver diamond shaped brads (cause really, it's a guy and does he care that the product is retired....Nope!).  I popped this whole panel up on dimensionals and then went to work on the focal point.

  When I consulted the Color Coach it said 2 colors to pair with Sahara Sand are Pacific Point and Cajun Craze.  Perfect guy colors!  I punched out 2 circles of each color with my 1 3/8" circle punch and lined them up centered on the card front.

  I pulled out my Silver Glimmer paper (see, you can use Glimmer paper even for a guy's 50th birthday card!  It's all occasions really!) and used my Alphabet Simple Numbers dies to crank out a 5 and a 0.  The numbers are also popped up with dimensionals. 

  I didn't take a photo of the inside but I stamped the "Happy Birthday" stamp from Delightful Dozen for a nice sentiment on the inside. 

  Done & Done! Super easy for a super cool guy birthday card!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: None

Ink: None

Paper: Sahara Sand, Pacific Point, Cajun Craze and Silver Glimmer paper

Accessories: Stripes embossing folder, silver diamond brads (retired), 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensionals, Alphabet Simple Numbers dies

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect card. The colors really do work well together, and I love the simplicity of your layout. The background is wonderful - the stripes do seem very masculine. Thanks for sharing, Amanda, and yes, I can say that I actually HAVE stamped today! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card! I love the simple layout and the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!