Monday, July 31, 2023

Classic Typewriter - Stampin' Up! Just My Type

   After browsing some current challenges I decided to join in on the Just Us Girls "CASE a Designer" challenge.  All of the team's samples are just lovely and I could CASE each of them if I had the time! But I decided that I wanted to use Carol's card as inspiration.  I liked the pink, black and gold color combo as well as the use of circles.  I also had an already stamped black typewriter from the Just My Type stamp set so I decided it was meant to be!


  My card starts with a black card base, then I used a layer of Bright & Beautiful DSP in a fun polka dot pattern in Bubble Bath. I topped that with a layer of the same size in Gold Celebrations Specialty paper.  It's a fun patterned acetate that goes perfectly with the DSP.  I just adhered it with little dots of glue behind the gold dots.

  I created a mask out of sticky notes to go around the outside of the paper and across the top of the typewrite and then stamped the flowers on the page in Bubble Bath.  I used my gold Wink of Stella to add some detail to the flowers.

  The hello from Biggest Wish is stamped in Versamark and then embossed in gold.  I added a few narrow strips of cardstock under the sentiment and then cut it out with the Stylish Shapes circle die.  Both the circle and typewriter are popped on dimensionals.

  The last things I added to the card were a few gold sequins and a black baker's twine bow to balance that side of the card.

  All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Just My Type, Biggest Wish

Ink: Versamark, Memento Black, Bubble Bath

Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, Bubble Bath, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Gold Celebrations Specialty paper (printed acetate)

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, black baker's twine, gold sequins



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the flowers on the paper in the typewriter!! Such a fun, cute idea!! This is a great card. Love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!