Sunday, July 2, 2023

Love Birds - Stampin' Up! Bird's Eye View

   I'm probably going to say this every time I use this set but....I love the Bird's Eye View stamp set!  I'm going to sound like a broken record but it's just adorable and good for so many occasions as well as color combinations!  I used it this time around with the As You See It challenge.  The sketch with the large center circle was the perfect place to show off more birds!

  I made this one for my husband for our upcoming anniversary.  The Love Birds are so cute and they look exactly like us lol!


   I started with an Orchid Oasis card base, the topped it with a piece of Basic White embossed with the Twisted Rope embossing folder.  I added the center panel edged with some scallops made with the Basic Borders dies.  I cut 2 lengths of scallops for each side as the die doesn't make a long enough cut for the whole piece.  The seam where they meet up is hidden under the circle.

  The circle is cut with the Stylish Shapes dies.  The birds are stamped in Memento black and then colored in with Blends markers (colors listed below) and then fussy cut and popped on dimensionals on the circle. Using a black Stampin' Write marker I added some eyelashes to the girl bird to give her a little bit more personality.

  The heart is punched out of retired 2022-2024 In Color Glimmer paper in Sweet Sorbet.  I had to add a smaller heart at the bottom because somehow I got some ink smudged there after I had the whole card put together.  But I'm going to call it a design decision if anyone asks!

  The sentiment from Just My Type is stamped in black and then snipped apart and added to the card front on dimensionals.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bird's Eye View, Just My Type

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Pool Party light & dark, Highland Heather light & dark, Orchid Oasis light, Daffodil Delight light, Balmy Blue light & dark, Azure Afternoon light

Paper: Orchid Oasis, Basic White, Pool Party, 2022-2024 In Color Glimmer Paper (retired)

Accessories: Twisted Rope embossing folder, Stylish Shapes dies, heart punch, Crafting With You dies (small heart), dimensionals, Basic Borders dies




4 comments:

  1. EEE! Love these guys, Amanda - such super sweet colors for them, and a brilliant background, too! That EF has SO much scope! Such a happy, cherry card! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but say how 'tweet' this is! The sketch has let you show off those lovebirds so well. You've chosen such pretty colours but soft as well. The hearts contrast so nicely with the blues and other hues of the birds. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Amanda - lovebirds?! How adorable! So beautifully coloured and great pairing with that sentiment too - I just love this card! Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my eye on these birds for some time now, Amanda, and your card just may be the tipping point that makes me go and buy that set! I love what you've done with the colours and composition! Those birds are just flying right off the page into my heart! They really stand out! Thanks for joining us this week as As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!