Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Rainbow Cactus - Stampin' Up! Taco Fiesta

   I just found this card buried in my 'to be shared' folder and I think I made it more than a month ago!  I'm sure it was for a Clean and Simple challenge but it's so long past that I don't even know which one!  This is one of those cards that I'm pretty sure looked better in my head than what ended up on the cardstock.  But at the end of the day it made me smile and any time spent stamping is time well spent in my book!


  Since it was a CAS card I kept it to one layer and just used Basic White thick for the base.  I cut a stencil with the Deckled Rectangle dies and used it to blend a very light amount of Pool Party ink on the background to create the color block.

  Then I stamped 6 cacti from the Taco Fiesta stamp set in Memento black ink.  I pulled out my Blends markers and colored a nice rainbow across the images. The hello from Biggest Wish is stamped in black and then I added the faces to a few of the cacti to add a bit of personality.

  All in all a very easy card to make but I think I would change the spacing and the size of the sentiment if I were to re-do this design.

  All the of the products used to make this card can be found in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Taco Fiesta, Biggest Wish

Ink: Memento Black, Pool Party

Blends: Highland Heather light, Balmy Blue light, Granny Apple Green light, Daffodil Delight light, Pumpkin Pie light, Real Red light

Paper: Basic White thick

Accessories: Deckled Rectangle dies

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card! I can't wait to receive this set in a few days!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!