Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Wheat Leaves - Stampin' Up! Layering Leaves

   I loved the Layering Leaves as soon as I saw the 2023-2024 Stampin' Up! annual catalog.  I loved the font used for the sentiments as well as the slightly larger sizes of them as well as the elegant style of the leaf images.  I knew this would be a set that I could use with a ton of different color combos and for different seasons.  The current Global Design Project challenge colors were my inspiration for this card.  



  I am really trying to use Wild Wheat when I can so when I saw the GDP colors of Boho Blue, Pebbled Path and Wild Wheat I gave it a try.  A little bit here and there I can handle but honestly I don't think it will ever be a favorite color for me!  The colors would work for a guy card too and with a sentiment change I think this would be a great masculine birthday card.

  I started with a Boho Blue base, then another layer of Boho Blue stamped with the speckle image from Layering Leaves.  I edged the top and bottom of the Boho Blue panel with strips of Pebbled Path.

  The leave sprig is stamped in Pebbled Path and then colored with the Wild Wheat Blends markers and punched out.  I backed it with the same sprig punched in Pebbled Path.  

  The banner is stamped in Pebbled Path and popped on dimensionals over a strip of Wild Wheat Textured Ribbon.  The sprig is popped up again with dimensionals and the finishing touch is a 2023-2025 In Color Dot in Wild Wheat.  These dots are great because they are really nice and saturated as far as color goes and also more flat than some embellishments so a bit easier to mail.

  All of the products used to make this card can be found on my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Layering Leaves

Ink: Boho Blue, Pebbled Path

Blends: Wild Wheat light & dark

Paper: Boho Blue, Pebbled Path, Basic White

Accessories: Bough punch, Stylish Shapes dies, Wild Wheat Textured Ribbon, 2023-2025 In Color Dots, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!