Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Musical Bird Birthday - Stampin' Up! Bird's Eye View

     I'm playing along with Seize the Birthday and their fun topping theme of of "make it musical".  I had to combine a bunch of different products to get this one to be musical because I don't have a musical theme stamp set that I could focus on.  But it is called a challenge for a reason!


  I started this one with a Very Vanilla thick base which I've used a lot lately since it's now kind of the autumn season and that seems to be the only time I use Very Vanilla with any regularity.  It's like my fall version of white for some reason.  During the rest of the year Vanilla just isn't crisp enough for me so I rarely use it unless matching a DSP.  But it works for now right?

  I pulled out the little music note stamp from the Sweet Songbirds set and stamped it on a narrow strip of Pool Party and paired it up with a strip from Let's Go Fishing DSP, a piece of Very Vanilla embossed with the Merry Melody embossing folder and then finally a strip of Joy of Christmas DSP which is kind of a woodgrain and music notes pattern.  I adhered these onto a square of Very Vanilla and adhered it to the card base.

   Since birds sing and make their own kind of music I decided to use one of the birds from Bird's Eye View as the focal image o go with the theme a little bit more.  It's stamped in Pecan Pie ink onto Very Vanilla and then colored in with Blends markers.  It's then fussy cut and popped up on a bit of twine and a Tree Rings Hybrid die cut that I had in my orphaned card parts bin.

  The sentiment also comes from the Sweet Songbird stamp set and is stamped in pecan Pie under the strips.

  Finally I added a few retired Pale Papaya gems (they always looked more yellow than orange so they work well with these colors.)

  All of the current products used to make this card can be ordered in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with a * will be available starting September 6, 2023.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bird's Eye View, Sweet Songbirds

Ink: Pecan Pie, Pool Party

Blends: Pool Party light & dark, Daffodil Delight light & dark

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Let's Go Fishing DSP, Joy of Christmas DSP*, Crumb Cake

Accessories: Tree Rings Hybrid dies/embossing folder, Merry Melody embossing folder, dimensionals, twine, gems (retired)



3 comments:

  1. Love the cute birdie and your coloring. I like how you did the different strips with one of them embossed with the music EF. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday with your entry for the Make It Musical challenge

    Kathyk
    Guest Designer at STB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Birthday card, Amanda! Love the fun layout and mix of papers and the musical EF too. Happy to see you in the gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!