My seasonal stamper self is starting to get deep into fall cards and I love the all purpose Elegant Leaves bundle that can be used for so many different types of cards. My card today was made a week or 2 ago as a customer thank you and I had fun with it using a sketch I had given as inspiration on my customer Facebook page.
Super cute right? I started with a Basic Beige card base and then a layer of Basic Beige embossed with the Softly Woven embossing folder. I think Basic Beige is a fantastic clean neutral for fall cards. Look how crisp the other colors show up against it?
I have a tip or note about the Softly Woven embossing folder; since the pattern is deep and pretty much all over the cardstock can stretch or shrink a bit so don't be surprised if you have to trim some edges to line up when you're using it. That was fine for this card because I was planning to trim down the card base so that I could have my DSP flag hang over the edge just a bit but still be able to fit in an envelope. So I trimmed about 1/4" off of the right hand side of the card base to clean up the embossed layer as well as adjust for the flagged piece. Win win!
The DSP band is in a fun Pool Party plaid from the Painted Patch DSP. The DSP is 4 1/4" long and 2" wide. Next I stamped all of my leaves onto a piece of Basic White (3" x 3 1/2"). I used Timid Tiger, Lost Lagoon and Cajun Craze for the veins and then filled them in with Timid Tiger, Pool Party and Cajun Craze for the second layer. I backed that piece with Lost Lagoon and then popped it on dimensionals.
Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?
All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.
Stamps: Elegant Leaves
Ink: Timid Tiger, Lost Lagoon, Cajun Craze, Pool Party
Paper: Basic Beige, Lost Lagoon, Basic White, Painted Patch DSP, Two-Toned Cajun Craze, Autumn Woodland Glimmer Paper, Pool Party
Accessories: Elegant Leaves dies, Softly Woven embossing folder, dimensionals, circle punches, 2025-2027 In Color Flat Pearls

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment!