Friday, October 18, 2024

Doe a Deer - Stampin' Up! Reindeer Fun Dies

   I was playing around with adding a bit of pink to a Christmas card design and came up with today's card for the Tic Tac Toe challenge. I wanted to make a deer card with the Reindeer Fun bundle but not use the antlers so I guess I wanted a girl deer hence the pink.  The tic tac toe board for the challenge had "wreath, any shape die, and embossing" as one of the lines so I went with that using the wreath die, deer die and the Forever Plaid embossing folder.  


 I started this one off with a Pretty in Pink base.  For the background I embossed 2 panels of Garden Green Two-Toned cardstock with the Forever Plaid embossing folder and then used a sanding block to distress the pattern.  I adhered these on the 2 ends and then put a strip of 2024-2026 In Color DSP in the center.

  I had the Spotlight on Nature die cut in my orphaned card parts so I added that next as place to put my deer.  The deer is cut from 3 layers of cardstock: back to front- Early Espresso, Basic Beige and Pecan Pie.  I trimmed off the antlers from the Early Espresso layer and glued them all together.  I used some Pretty in Pink Glimmer paper to cut the bow and nose.  The deer is tucked inside a double layer wreath cut from more of the Garden Green Two-Toned cardstock.  The dark layer is on the bottom with the lighter one on top.  The whole deer/wreath is popped on dimensionals.

  The only stamping on this card is the sentiment from Peaceful Season stamp set stamped in Garden Green onto a strip of Soft Sea Foam.  I added some die cut gifts with bows and some strings of lights at the top.  Finally 2 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer Gems are added for a bit more sparkle under the sentiment.

  This was a fun one to pull together using the challenge and my need to make a girl deer lol!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Peaceful Season

Ink: Garden Green

Paper: Garden Green Two-Toned cardstock (Scrapbooking Line) Pretty in Pink, 2024-2026 In Color DSP, 2024-2026 In Color Glimmer paper, Basic White, Early Espresso, Basic Beige, Pecan Pie, Soft Sea Foam

Accessories: Reindeer Fun dies, Forever Plaid embossing folder, dimensionals, 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer Gems



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!