Monday, October 21, 2024

Birthday Tackle - Stampin' Up! Gone Fishing

   Masculine themed cards tend to take a back burner don't they?  Sometimes we just want all the floof and glimmer and over the top layers but we do still need those masculine type cards so when I see a good color combo for one I try to jump on it before a grand "floofy" idea takes over!  I used the Gone Fishing set combined with 2 fun challenges to pull this one together.  The colors are from Color Throwdown and the layout is from Freshly Made Sketches.


  Sometimes it's a good thing to have so much choice in papers sometimes it isn't!  In this case I was happy that I had some pieces of the retired Enjoy the Journey DSP because there is a pattern in there that uses 2 of the challenge colors which I translated to Stampin' Up! to be Garden Green and Coastal Cabana so I used that for the background to my card.

  Following the sketch I cut a few Perennial Postage die shapes and started to think which pieces of tackle from the Gone Fishing set would fit where.  I started with the bottom left rectangle and stamped the sentiment from Saying Hey in Basic Gray at the bottom.  To fill the top portion I stamped and die cut a bobber adding in the third challenge color orange: Pumpkin Pie.

  Moving up I stamped the lure in Basic Gray and did the second step in Coastal Cabana. In the largest rectangle I used all 3 colors with 2 different images.  All of the tackle is popped on dimensionals.

  I wanted to add some embellishments but twine didn't seem to work anywhere even though I had some in all 3 colors!  I settled on some retired Classic Matte Dots in Basic Gray and used 3 groups of 3.

  I'm pleased with how this one turned out and think it could be a go to layout in the future changing up different color combos for fun looks.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Gone Fishing, Saying Hey

Ink: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Coastal Cabana

Paper: Basic White, Enjoy the Journey DSP (retired)

Accessories: Gone Fishing Dies, Perennial Postage dies, dimensionals, Classic Matte Dots (retired)





3 comments:

  1. Masculine perfection! I love that wee little birthday sentiment...I may have to check out that set since I've seen you use it several times! The fishing theme is perfect for those colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun card! Absolutely perfect for a masculine birtday. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! It looks like my husband's tackle box with each thing in its place! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!