Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Spring Showers Hello - Stampin' Up! Playing in the Rain

   I haven't used the Playing in the Rain bundle very much yet but I was inspired by 2 challenges to make a card using the stamp set and coordinating DSP.  The TGIF Challenge has a fun sketch with with 3 different sized panels and the Alphabet Challenge is on letter W and the theme is "water".

  


  I fussed around for a bit with other DSPs before deciding to go with the brighter palette in the Rain or Shine DSP.  I start with a Basic White card base then a layer of Country Gingham DSP in a Balmy Blue small plaid.
 
  Next I layered my 3 different Rain or Shine panels on top.  It took a bit of trimming and re-cutting to get my panels balanced.  If you want to try a similar layout here are my measurements:  

raindrop panel - 2 5/8" x 3 1/2"
crosshatch panel - 1" x 3 1/2"
flower panel - 1 3/8" x 3 3/4"

  I really like the Rain or Shine DSP because it's a specialty paper and for this particular pack that means that the designs on one side are have certain elements that are shiny or clear embossed.  The raindrops, umbrellas, clouds etc all have this fun detail.  The rainy one is perfect for this alphabet challenge!

  Next I stamped the bunny in Basic Gray and colored it in with Blends.  I stamped the bunny again on a piece of the DSP and then fussy cut the raincoat and added it to my colored bunny for a fun paper pieced coat.  I fussy cut one of the umbrellas from another sheet and adhered it and the bunny to the card front.

  The clouds are stamped in Smoky Slate and die cut.  I stamped the hello from the Beauty of Friendship in Balmy Blue to the largest cloud and then adhered the clouds behind the bunny.

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Playing in the Rain, Beauty of Friendship

Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Balmy Blue

Blends: Smoky Slate light & dark, Flirty Flamingo light, Petal Pink dark, Night of Navy light, Balmy Blue dark

Paper: Basic White thick, Country Gingham DSP, Rain or Shine DSP, Basic White

Accessories: Playing in the Rain dies, dimensionals



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!