Friday, February 3, 2023

Guacamole Engagement - Stampin' Up! Taco Fiesta

  I needed an engagement card recently so went with a silly one to celebrate the happy couple.  The Taco Fiesta stamp set continues to bring a smile to my face!


  I struggled a bit initially with this idea as the avocados are small and I couldn't get the scale of the rest of the card to work.  Finally I changed a few things and ended up here.  

  This one starts with a Parakeet Party base, then the avocados are stamped on Basic White and colored in with Blends.  I added a glimmer paper heart in the center as well as a strip of heart paper from the All Together DSP which is on sale now in the clearance rack!  Check out all the great deals HERE.

  To make the sentiment banner I inked up the 'Holy Guacamole" with my Basic Black regular marker and stamped it on Basic White.  Then I inked up the retired "you're engaged!" sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings and stamped that underneath before using the Stylish Shapes dies to cut the banner.  A bit of black baker's twine behind the sentiment is the last piece of this card.

  Super quick and easy once I got the design scaled correctly!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Taco Fiesta, Itty Bitty Greetings (retired)

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Parakeet Party light & dark, Mossy Meadow dark, SU400

Paper: Parakeet Party, Basic White, Real Red Glimmer paper, All Together DSP (retired)

Accessories: small heart punch, dimensionals, Stylish Shapes dies, black bakers twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!