Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Sweet Hello - Stampin' Up! Sweet Strawberry

   The team at CAS Colours & Sketches is back today with a brand new challenge.  I'm guest designing with them this month and it has been such a blast stretching my clean and simple stamping skills.  I've enjoyed playing along with them and today's challenge is no exception!  Today is a slimline sketch challenge.  I don't do slimline cards very often and once I started on this one there seemed to be so much space to fill!  I got to a place where I think it came out ok though in the end.  I will definitely be practicing this one more often!


  I pulled out a set that I feel I only use when the weather is warm.  Strawberries just make me think of early summer and bright sunny days and it was in the 70s over the weekend!


  I started with a Basic Black card base, then cut a smaller Basic White top panel.   I stamped the flower and leaf stamp from Sweet Strawberry in the corner twice, stamping off Granny Apple Green two times to get a very light and delicate background. Next I did some paper piercing all around the border using a very old template we had back in the day.  It definitely helped me stay straight!

  With Real Red and Granny Apple Green I stamped and punch 3 strawberries and stems and layered them in the corner with the top one being popped on dimensionals.

  The final bit of stamping is the larger sentiment from the Sale-a-Bration set Friendly Hello inked in Versamark and embossed in black.

  I really like clean look of the open space with the bold pops of black and red.

  Thanks to CAS Colours & Sketches team for having me join them!  I hope you'll play along with them in this cool challenge!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sweet Strawberry, Friendly Hello (SAB)

Ink: Versamark, Granny Apple Green, Real Red

Paper: Basic Black, Basic White

Accessories: paper piercer, black embossing powder, Strawberry builder punch

2 comments:

  1. This card really makes me long for summer Amanda - not long now! I love the subtle stamping behind your trio of bright strawberries and the pierced border detail is a really nice touch. I love the contrast of the bold sentiment and base to all that white space too - you are rocking the GD spot my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my strawberry patch to start growing!! Thanks for joining as a guest designer at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!