Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Rustic Christmas - Stampin' Up! Frosted Gingerbread

   I finally started writing out my Christmas cards last night!  I totally failed on being prepared earlier in the month by forgetting to take a photo of the boys and then when I finally remember to do it the photo printing place was a week out on delivery so that pushed it all back even further!  But it did give me time to make a few more designs to round out the supply.  It will have to be enough and anyone that misses out on Christmas cards from us will just be getting a Happy New Years card instead...no biggie, it's the thought that counts right?

  Not a cookie in sight on today's card even though I used the Frosted Gingerbread dies and one of the sentiments.  I decided to go with a rustic feel with some distressing and wood grain paper paired with a bit of gold and red foil.

   I pulled in a lot of different papers to make this one.  I even dug through my vault of retired papers and used a bit of old Typeset Specialty paper.  I crumpled it up a few times and then distressed the edges before stamping a few pine boughs from from the Christmas Season set in stamped off once Evening Evergreen.  I did the same distressing to the Evening Evergreen cardstock layer as well. The wood grain paper is in the In Good Taste DSP pack and makes a nice rustic background against the gold and red foil stars.

  I used the ornament shape from the Gingerbread dies to cut out the gold embossed sentiment and popped it up on dimensionals and added a few retired metallic enamel shapes.  A bit of gold thread tied in a bow finishes off the details on this card.

  I hope you've been better than me and have all your Christmas card made and sent out! Wish me luck with the rest of mine today!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Frosted Gingerbread, Christmas Season

Ink: Evening Evergreen, Versamark

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, In Good Taste DSP, Evening Evergreen, Gold foil, Red foil, Typeset Specialty DSP (retired)

Accessories: gold embossing powder, Gingerbread dies, dimensionals, gold thread (retired), enamel shapes (retired)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!