Friday, November 5, 2021

Checked Autumn Petals - Stampin' Up! Hand-Penned Petals

 Better late than never with my card for today!  I had a lot of fun combining the Freshly Made Sketches layout and The Card Concept inspiration of which I used the colors and the checks to make my clean and layered card. 

  I liked the fall colors I used on this other card made with the Hand-Penned Petals set so I thought The Card Concept colors would look great also.  I made 20 of this design so I didn't get overly complicated with a lot of extras.

  The base is Basic White thick, then a layer of Soft Succulent embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.  I pulled in the checks from the inspiration photo with a piece of the Pattern Party Host DSP.

  The flower outline is stamped in Memento black and then filled in with Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and Soft Succulent.  I cut it out and adhered it to a Basic Black stitched circle with dimensionals.

  The 'thanks' sentiment is embossed in white on Basic Black and then I fussy cut and popped it on dimensionals.  And as always, still trying to use up the retired candy dots so I added either a Pumpkin Pie or Cajun Craze one to each card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hand-Penned Petals

Ink: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Succulent, Versamark

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Soft Succulent, Pattern Play DSP, Basic Black

Accessories: Tasteful Textile embossing folder, Penned Flowers dies, Stitched Shapes dies (retired), white embossing powder, dimensionals, candy dots (retired)





6 comments:

  1. Lovely colors for a thank you card. I especially love buffalo plaid so I love how it gives your card some great contrast. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great colour combination for your pretty card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and such a great job combining challenges. The font on the sentiment is fabulous and really stands out! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the floral motifs and colors are so vibrant here. love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pop of color in those flowers on the soft green and black/white plaid in the background! A beautiful combination of elements and colors! Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept and at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try this stamp set with some fall colors...and you did it! It looks amazing with the checked DSP! Very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!