Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Worldly Flowers - Stampin' Up! Jar of Flowers

    I'm playing along with the Card Concept challenge today.  They have a great inspiration photo and if only I had ordered the World of Good suite I would have been all set for this challenge.  Since I don't have any of the products from this suite so I had to go at it from a different direction. 

  I decided to use the little vase of flowers as my inspiration instead of the more prominent globe.  I went with a clean and layered look.  

  The card base is Very Vanilla thick, then a layer of Mossy Meadow.  The Basic Black panel is embossed with the Old World Paper embossing folder and I thought it went well with the theme.  Next, I found in my scrap DSP stash a piece of long retired Going Places DSP in a map pattern that went with the theme.

  I used the jar punch and some gold foil and I wanted to make the jar look more worn and vintage so I sponged some gold ink onto the gold foil.  Doing that didn't give me the look I was going for and the ink was smudging everywhere.  I tried drying it with my heat gun and that didn't work either.  I wiped off the ink with a tissue and it took a bit of the gold foil with it so after all those steps I ended up with a vintage look!  It doesn't hurt to experiment; you never know what you might come up with!

  I stamped the flowers in Memento black and then colored with my Stampin' Blends (colors listed below). I tried to stick to the shades of colors in the inspiration photo which I thought looked a bit fallish.  After coloring I fussy cut the bouquet with my trusty paper snips.  The flowers and jar are both popped on dimensionals.

  The finishing touches are the black embossed sentiment from Banner Year and a black bow on the side of the jar.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Jar of Flowers, Banner Year

Ink: Memento Black, Versamark

Blends: Cherry Cobbler dark, Old Olive light, Mossy Meadow light & dark, Calypso Coral light & dark, Cajun Craze light & dark, Pumpkin Pie light & dark, Mango Melody light & dark

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, Basic Black, gold foil, Going Places DSP (retired)

Accessories: Old World Paper embossing folder, Jar punch, black embossing powder, dimensionals, 1/8" black taffeta ribbon (retired)




3 comments:

  1. Amanda, love your take on our inspiration photo! The dark background is stunning with your bouquet of flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, love all the texture in the background too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty! I love the dark embossed background and the map patterned paper. Great take on the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!