Saturday, October 3, 2020

Classic Autumn Gatefold - Stampin' Up! Gather Together

   Happy World Card Making Day!  While I probably won't have any time to stamp a new card today between 2 kids with soccer games and one of them also reffing a few games I've got a card to share that I made a few days ago to celebrate our fun hobby.  It's a nice classic autumn look with an gatefold opening.

  I got my inspiration for the gatefold from the Freshly Made Sketches challenge which has a cool off center split in their layout.  


  I started with a Very Vanilla base and used my Simply Scored to score my flaps at 2 inches and 7.5 inches.

  The Early Espresso panels for both flaps are embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder.  Next is a Stitched Shapes oval in Very Vanilla with the stamped sentiment from Banner Year in Early Espresso ink. Remember to just adhere the oval to one flap so that you can open the card!


 

  The Gather Together maple leaf is stamped in Early Espresso and then colored with Stampin' Blends.  Once it was cut out I adhered it to the edge of the oval also being sure not to get adhesive on the edge that touches the other flap.

  The final details are a gold twine bow on the leaf stem and a few gold sequins scattered on the card front.

  I hope you get time to celebrate World Card Making Day in style...which mean getting inky!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Gather Together, Banner Year

Ink: Early Espresso

Blends: Cajun Craze dark, Pumpkin Pie dark, Mango Melody light & dark

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso

Accessories: Tin Tile embossing folder, Stitched Shapes dies, Gathered Leaves dies, dimensionals, gold twine (retired), gold sequins (retired)



3 comments:

  1. Using the sketch to create and off center gatefold is a fabulous idea! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that leaf against the embossed backdrop! Very pretty fall card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful fall card! I love that gorgeous leaf and the gatefold open! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!