Thursday, October 8, 2020

Fall Texture - Stampin' Up! Gather Together

   I saw my first red maple leaf on the ground the other day so fall is on it's way to my area!  I was inspired by the Daring Cardmakers inspiration challenge which has a gorgeous inspiration photo.  I loved all the wonderful texture that is shown and tried re-create it on my card along with some great fall color.


  I pulled the wood texture, the typeset from the book, the fall colors, the twine and the knit texture from the photo to us on my card.

  The wood grain background and the knit layer are from the In Good Taste DSP.  

  The leaves are made by sponging 4 different colors onto a scrap of Very Vanilla.  I used Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and Mango Melody and then cut my leaves with the Gathered Leaves dies.  The largest I stamped with the large maple leaf stamp in Crumb Cake ink but stamped off so it's really faint.  I roughed up the die cut by crumpling it up and unfolding several times for a nice worn look.

  I added a bit of leftover twine on the leaf stem for even more texture.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Gather Together

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede

Paper: In Good Taste DSP, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP (retired)

Accessories: Stitched Shapes dies, Gathered Leaves dies, dimensionals, twine



2 comments:

  1. Such an elegant card and I love the beautiful leaves. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!