Thursday, June 18, 2020

Crush the Turtle - Stampin' Up! Whale Done

  The other day one of my stampers suggested I post an inspiration card in our private Facebook group to give everyone some starting points for a card.  I looked through the catalog and picked the big sunflower card on page 13 of the Annual Catalog.  I said for them to use the colors, layout or sunflower as inspiration to see what they could come up with.  Of course I had to make a card too; I'm always willing to do stamping homework!

  The Whale Done set has been a fun set to work since I got it.  I've enjoyed making little sea life scenes as well as using the new Whale builder punch.  You can see other cards using this bundle here and here


  I used the layout from the card on page 13 as my inspiration.  The coordinating DSP Whale of A Time not only has cute patterns with the sea life it also has nice "texture" patterns for a less busy background look.  I used one of them as my card front and then built up the card from there.

  A Stitched Rectangle panel was embossed with the Old World Paper embossing folder, then a Pool Party Stitched circle is what I used to stamp my scene upon.  The seaweed is Shaded Spruce, the coral is Calypso Coral and the little school of fish is embossed in white.  I tied a baker's twine bow around the rectangle panel then popped the circle up on dimensionals. 

  My turtle, which I've named Crush after the dad turtle in the movie Finding Nemo, is fussy cut from the Whale of a Time DSP and popped on dimensionals.  Isn't he handsome?  There is a piece of the DSP that has a few different turtles that are just right for cutting out.

  The sentiment is the final piece and is from the Itty Bitty Greetings set and embossed in white on a narrow strip of Shaded Spruce.  You could easily change the sentiment for any occasion so I think this design is definitely an all occasion kind of card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Whale Done, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Shaded Spruce, Calypso Coral, Versamark

Paper: Whale of a Time DSP, Whisper White, Pool Party, Shaded Spruce

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle dies, Stitched Shape dies, Old World Paper embossing folder, white embossing powder, dimensionals, Calypso Coral baker's twine (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!