Friday, November 8, 2019

Plaid Tree Trio - Stampin' Up! Perfectly Plaid - Fab Friday 176

We've made it through another week stampers!  Time to reward yourself for all your hard work through the week with some stamping!  Fab Friday Challenge has a beautiful color combo to get you started!

  When I first saw the graphic for this challenge I immediately thought about a fall card and was a bit "eh" over the prospect.  I've got all my Thanksgiving/fall cards finished (believe it or not!!) and I was ready for a full on push into Christmas and winter.  After a few minutes I decided to challenge myself for real and do a Christmas card with these colors.  If I failed miserably I could always go with fall to be safe.

  I think the Christmas card came out pretty well if I do say so myself.  And even though there isn't much Crushed Curry on my card it's there so challenge complete! Remember you don't have to use challenge colors in equal measure. 


  Even though I love the traditional reds, greens and blues of Christmas it's really nice to mix it up sometimes and pull together something a bit different.

  I used the Perfectly Plaid stamp set along with the Pine Tree punch for my trees.  The smallest star from the Stitched Stars dies made my Crushed Curry tree toppers which I also covered with a layer of Wink of Stella for some shine.  The Pretty Peacock tree is popped up with dimensionals.

  The punched trees are layered over a snowy hill made by cutting a stitched circle and adding a generous amount of glue and Ice Stampin' Glitter.  I adhered that partial circle over another stitched circle in Crumb Cake and popped that up with dimensionals also.

  The background layers start with a strip of Woven Threads DSP with a bit of scalloped linen ribbon in Terracotta Tile along one edge.  The next layer is a piece of Whisper White embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder and backed with a slightly larger layer of Crumb Cake.  All of that is adhered to a Whisper White thick card base.

  The sentiment banner is stamped in Pretty Peacock with one of the many awesome sentiments in the Itty Bitty Christmas set.  I added a few retired candy dots in Blushing Bride on the edges because I really need to use stuff up or someone will start to call me a hoarder.

  I hope you'll check out what the rest of the Fab Friday Design team has done with these colors and then play along!  Remember you have almost 2 weeks to share your project to the gallery!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Perfectly Plaid, Itty Bitty Christmas

Ink: Pretty Peacock, Terracotta Tile, Blushing Bride,

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Woven Threads DSP

Accessories: Tin Tile embossing folder, Stitched Shapes dies, Pine Tree Punch, Ice Stampin' Glitter, Scalloped Linen ribbon, Stitched Stars dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, candy dots (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!