Friday, October 11, 2019

Bold Sweet Baby - Stampin' Up! Dino Days

Happy Friday stampers!  Are you all geared up for the weekend?  Do you have pumpkin picking in your plans?  Or maybe some football tailgating?  Raking leaves?  Well whatever you have on your agenda don't forget to add in some stamping time so you can play along with us at Fab Friday with this fun color challenge!



  Now this color combo is a bit of a blast from the past isn't it?  Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo have been staples in the Stampin' Up! color collection for many years and I have to admit that I probably haven't used either one in a quite a while so I had to think a bit when starting out my card.  I don't have many fall sets that this combo would work with so I went to my "cards that I need to make" list for a starting point.  I needed a baby girl card so I went with that theme.  Next roadblock is that I really don't have any current baby sets so I pulled one of the only stamp sets that could work with the colors and the theme; Dino Days.


 It's not always pastels and bunnies when it comes to babies so I like to do something different and more bold when I can.  Babies like bold and bright patterns after all!

  I started with the geometric background after being inspired by this card that I came across on Pinterest which originally came from Instagram.  I just used my 2 main colors but kept the cool alternating triangles.  It took a bit to get the sizing right and I still had to trim a bit off one side (I guess I'm not a good measurer? Or more likely my math is suspect!).  I used some scrap copy paper to get generally the right size so I would suggest that as a good starting point.

  Once I had my background pieces cut to size I embossed them with the Subtle embossing folder.  I built the rest of my card up from that with pops of Basic Black and a bit of sparkle with the new (in the Annual catalog) Shimmer Black embossing powder.  I used it on the dino spikes as well as the little sentiment.

  A bit more sparkle on the dino spots comes from Wink of Stella and doesn't show well in the photo.  I finished off this sweet but bold baby card with a little black baker's twine bow and some Melon Mambo retired enamel shapes.

  I hope you're inspired with these colors and will play along with the team at Fab Friday

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dino Days, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Layered Oval dies, Dino dies, Shimmer Black embossing powder, dimensionals, black bakers twine, enamel shapes (retired)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!