Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Blooms in Romance - Stampin' Up! All That You Are

  I ran out of time yesterday morning to post a project and just never found time to do it later in the day.  If I was really on the ball I would schedule my posts the day before but I'm really not that organized!

  Today's card is one we made in my February class.  I haven't shared it before now because each time I wanted to the photo was too horrible to put out in the universe.  I think I took 3 sets of pictures of it and each time I got them uploaded and went to edit them with my watermark I could see how poor the quality was.  So I would set it aside and do it again with the next group of cards I made.

  Finally a "good enough for government work" photo of it to share!

  My stampers really enjoyed getting to work with the Floral Romance Specialty paper from the Occasions catalog.  Not only are the colors and patterns beautiful you get 2 printed vellum patterns which are really fun to work with!  We used 2 of the regular patterns on this card and the Petal Pink design is the vellum.  It's a great mix with the leaves and lacy vellum.  The pieces are adhered to a Whisper White panel cut with the Stitched Rectangles die.

  A bit of Powder Pink ruffled ribbon (very close match to Petal Pink) wraps around the DSP panel.

 For the flowers I showed my stampers a fun way to use Stampin' Blends.  Instead of stamping the flowers in Mossy Meadow and then coloring in the flowers we scribbled the blends onto Whisper White blending the colors together and then stamped the flower image over the top and then cut them out with the Frosted Bouquets framelits.  We added a Mossy Meadow leafy branch and popped the flowers on dimensionals over the top.

  Add in a few adhesive sequins and this card is finished!  It's a great Mother's Day, Easter or all purpose spring card with those gorgeous pinks and greens!

  And now for some Stampin' Up! business; the Last Chance list has been released.  Head over to my Stampin' Up! site to see what's retiring so you don't miss out!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: All That You Are

Ink: Mossy Meadow

Blends: Flirty Flamingo light & dark, Petal Pink light & dark

Paper: Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Floral Romance Specialty DSP

Accessories: Stitched Rectangles framelits, Frosted Bouquet framelits, adhesive sequins, ruffled ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I love how you have used the dsp as the background for you flowers...and then anchored it all with the mossy meadow die cut leaf. I always enjoy cards that give me ideas for dsp paper...I just love using the beautiful papers on cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!