Thursday, March 14, 2019

Tropical Thank You - Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic

I'm on a roll this week with challenges!  With an uptick in the weather and warmer temperatures I was inspired to make a card with a summery, tropical feel.  The current challenge at Global Design Project is a CASE the designer challenge so I pulled the colors from the sample to get busy with.


  The card base is Granny Apple Green, then a layer of Whisper White stamped with the various leaves from the Tropical Chic set in Granny Apple Green ink.  The smallest leaf is stamped off once for a lighter look.

  I inked and stamped various combinations of the flower using Lovely Lipstick and Mango Melody. I used a sponge dauber to add a bit of the Lovely Lipstick to the edges of a few of them.

 Once I had the flowers cut out I layered them over a strip of the SAB Lovely Lipstick foil paper and the sentiment stamped in black.  I had a little strip of the 1/8" grosgrain ribbon in Lovely Lipstick that  I added under the one flower.

  Who is longing for summer now?  Well maybe we should let spring have a bit of time first??

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tropical Chic, Another Wonderful Year

Ink: Granny Apple Green, Lovely Lipstick, Mango Melody, Memento black

Paper: Granny Apple Green, Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick foil (SAB)

Accessories: Tropical Thinlets, 1/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!