Monday, March 25, 2019

Sweet Friend Sympathy - Stampin' Up! Happy Tails

 I'm late to the party with the dog builder punch and the Happy Tails stamp set but I kept seeing such cute projects made using them and then I looked at my supplies and I didn't really have anything like them so I went ahead and got them.  I can't wait to play some more but this card came about using some card parts that I had after playing around with the stamp set but not really trying to design a card.  I had been playing around with coloring the dog different ways so I didn't want to waste any pieces because this pup is just too cute.

 
  I decided to use the sympathy sentiment because it's always a good idea to have a few on hand just in case.  Losing a dear pet is a hard thing as our family knows from experience.  We had to say goodbye to our 15 year old Josie in November and you truly do feel a hole in the family.  We have no pets at the moment and the house does feel different especially coming home.

  The card base is Whisper White thick then a layer of Crumb Cake embossed with the Corrugated embossing folder.  Back in the day when the crimper was all the rage (remember that blue and orange contraption??) I struggled every. single. time. with it.  I could never get any of my cardstock to crimp straight.  Every piece veered off on an angle.  This embossing folder pretty much makes that problem go away as long as you put the paper in straight!

  Next is a layer of Pineapple Punch embossed with white embossing powder with the bone and paw print stamp.  The dog house is stamped in Blueberry Bushel and black, fussy cut then and layered behind the sentiment.

  The sweet pup is stamped in Soft Suede and then colored in with the Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends.   After he was punched out I gave him a little Blueberry Bushel grosgrain ribbon bow for a collar.

  I have a few more cards designed with this sweetie and I look forward to sharing those in the coming days.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Tails

Ink: Soft Suede, Blueberry Bushel, Versamark, black

Blends: Crumb Cake light & dark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Crumb Cake, Pineapple Punch, Whisper White

Accessories: Corrugated embossing folder, white embossing powder, Stitched Shapes framelits, Dog Builder punch, dimensionals, Blueberry Bushel 1/8" grosgrain ribbon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!