Monday, January 21, 2019

Stinkin' Sweet Treats - Stampin' Up! Hey Love

 It's a late start at my house today with it being MLK day and the kids and husband are at home.  We had planned a weekend out of town but the weather forecast up north put a halt to all that.  We've found ourselves lazing around not getting all that much accomplished!  I figured I could at the very least share one of the projects we made at my Sale-a-Bration/Occasions open house.

  I don't usually make a whole lot of Valentine's cards especially not many frilly heart covered ones.  In a house full of boys there's not much call for over the top, fancy declarations of love.  But the Hey Love stamp set in the Occasions catalog has kind of become my go to for sweet but not sappy cards.  And my kids love puns so there's the added bonus of the sentiments.  And since the images don't scream Valentine's day this set will have a longer shelf life and be used for some thinking of you and even some kid birthday cards.



  I have a few more designs with the Hey love stamp set up my sleeve but for now I'm going to show the quick and easy treat we made at class.  Who doesn't love a bit of yummy chocolate wrapped up with an adorable skunk??



  Ghirardelli chocolates are the perfect size to put into these little treat holders made with the scalloped tag topper punch.   Grapefruit Grove and Lovely Lipstick are fun fresh colors to use for Valentine's day and the Sale-a-Bration reward of the foil paper in both colors is just the right amount of shimmer.

  The stinkin' sweet skunk is stamped and punched out and colored with a blender pen and colored pencils.  The hearts are filled in with Grapefruit Grove or Lovely Lipstick markers. We popped the circle with dimensionals over the foil banner.


  In class the tops were tied with polka dot ribbon and 1/8" grosgrain ribbon.  My samples here aren't using the polka dot ribbon as I had a bit of retired ribbon that I wanted to use up with my extra supplies so I could have a stash of treats to give out on Valentine's day.

  Dimensions for this project: 2" x 6" strip of cardstock scored at 2 7/8" and 3 1/8" then punched on each end with the scalloped tag topper.  Ribbon lengths are about 6" for each.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hey Love

Ink: black

Paper: Grapefruit Grove, Lovely Lipstick, Whisper White, Foil Sheets

Accessories: scalloped tag topper punch, circle punch, dimensonals, colored pencils, markers, ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!