Thursday, January 31, 2019

Bright Congratulations - Stampin' Up! Birthday Cheer

 It's really cold here in central Virginia and the schools are on a 2 hour delay.  And before all of you in the north tell me how cold it is in your area I hear you!  But 13 degrees for this area is really cold.  I'm a hearty New Englander so I just think this is winter and throw on my long johns and get on with things.  But my kids are enjoying a relaxing start to their morning.

  Today's card is using the Birthday Cheer stamp set from the Occasions catalog that I like for birthdays but can also be used as a congratulations.  My husband actually used this card last week for someone on his team who was promoted.

  The sketch is roughly based on the current Fab Friday challenge which is closing tomorrow. I changed the banner part to a circle to accommodate the sentiment.


  I stamped the party hat across the center alternating between Blueberry Bushel and Lemon Lime Twist.  My Stampin' Write markers in the same colors filled in alternating stripes.  Since this is a photopolymer set it was really easy to line up the hats.

  The sentiment is stamped in Blueberry Bushel and cut out with a Stitched Shapes circle framelit.  I popped it with dimensionals and added a smattering of adhesive sequins and 1/8" grosgrain ribbon.

  Stay warm!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Birthday Cheer

Ink: Blueberry Bushel, Lemon Lime Twist

Paper: Blueberry Bushel, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White

Accessories: markers, Stitched Shapes framelits, adhesive sequins, 1/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!