Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Subtle Tropical Chic - Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic

 Partway through our first week of summer vacation and I'm trying to figure out our new schedule.  I haven't done a terribly good job of blogging with the boys home during my regular "get stuff done" time.  And now with the World Cup games on first thing in the morning we have been quite distracted from getting anything done at all!

  I do have a few projects ready to share though.  And today's is another Tropical Chic creation.  I am loving these leaves and classic flower.  Paired up with the coordinating Tropical Escape DSP I came up with a little thank you card.


  The new Soft Sea Foam pairs up wonderfully with Pear Pizzazz.  Add in the Blushing Bride and we have a nice showcase of the Subtles Collection.

  The card base is Soft Sea Foam, a strip of Tropical Escape DSP in Blushing Bride anchors the left side of the card front.  Using Soft Sea Foam ink I stamped the hash/tick mark stamp along the DSP.

  Pear Pizzazz works well for 2 leaves and Blushing Bride for a nice, simple single blossom.  After they are cut out I grouped them with the blossom popped on a dimensional.

  The sentiment is just a scrap strip of Whisper White cardstock with some more Soft Sea Foam hash/ticks and then the sentiment stamped over the top in Basic Gray.  I always like to use Basic Gray for sentiments when the rest of the card has lighter colors.  If I used black I think the sentiment is too bold and distracts from the rest of the card.

  I hope your summer schedule is allowing for lots of stamping time!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tropical Chic

Ink: Soft Sea Foam, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Basic Gray

Paper: Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP

Accessories: Tropical Thinlets, dimensional

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!