Thursday, December 3, 2015

Simple Christmas Tree Gift Card Holder - Stampin' Up! Festival of Trees

  One of the focuses at my last stamp club was gift card holders.  We want to present even a gift card in a fun way!  We also made a coffee cup gift card holder that I showed last week.

  This one is a great gift card holder to make if you have lots of DSP that really should get used and not hoarded in your paper supply!



  Not the best quality photo but the front is clean and simple and could easily stand on it's own as Christmas card.  My ladies had a choice of gold or silver cording as well as gold, silver or red Dazzling Details to decorate their tree.  The Softly Falling embossing doesn't show well in the photo but it's there and gives a nice subtle texture.

  Now for the inside!



  We used paper from the Merry Moments DSP stack.  You'll notice that my patterns don't match because when I was designing the samples and cutting the paper for class I had just enough for my stamping ladies with these 2 mismatched pieces left for my second sample.  You still get the idea right?

   All you do is score a bit, fold 2 rectangles, get your adhesive in the right place and there you have a nice little spot to slide in a gift card and it all folds down pretty flat when closed!

  You start with two 5" x 5"pieces of DSP and score at 1 1/2, 2 1/4, 3 3/4, 4 1/2

  Fold all your scores and you'll see the rectangle.  Adhere the flap with tear tape along the long edge. Repeat with the second piece.

  Now to adhere both boxes together.  This is the important part because I was just cranking right along with one of my samples and had the "Duh" moment.  Just adhere the 2 boxes together on the short ends.  DON'T run the adhesive down the long sides or you'll end up taping shut the slot where the gift card slides into!



  Next, adhere the DSP to the inside of your card base lining it up with the center fold.  I found it easiest to do one side at a time.  For example, put adhesive long ways on the back, line it up, press it down (you can close the card and burnish with a bone folder to get a good connection).  Then open it back up, add more adhesive to the the bottom and repeat burnishing.

  If you're using a pattern that has a right and wrong direction pay close attention when scoring both pieces of DSP so that they line up the same when when adhered.

  I did make a few extras for myself and used some of the older DSP stacks that are only 4 1/2" wide so I adjusted the score lines to 1 1/4, 1 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2.  The rest of the instructions are the same.

  I learned how to make this style from Caroline's video here.  She definitely hits a home run with this one!

  And definitely decorate the inside! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Festival of Trees

Ink: Old Olive, Real Red

Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Merry Moments DSP, Gold Glimmer paper

Accessories: Tree punch, small star punch, gold cording, Dazzling Details, Simply Scored, tear tape, dimensionals, Softly Falling e.f.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!