Friday, December 4, 2015

Fleece Navidad - Stampin' Up! Barnyard Babies

  What would Christmas be without a few puns to cause us all to groan?  I can't resist this one because the little sheep is so cute!

  I got this color combination from a catalog of preprinted photo cards.  Real Red, Garden Green and the retired Primrose Petals and gold.  Catalogs are a great place to come across new color combinations.  I have a whole stack of ripped out pictures on my stamp dest to use as inspiration...some day.  This one made the cut quickly so I wouldn't run out of time and have to wait until next year at Christmas to use it.

  I have a whole stash of the also retired Core'dinations paper so I used that for the stripes for a bit of subtle texture.


 The sheep was stamped in Memento ink and colored in with alcohol markers.  The Santa hat was stamped separately, colored and cut out.  It's popped up on a teeny tiny piece of dimensional.

  I used my Tags and Labels framelits to cut it out and then added the Garden Green striped ribbon and gold cording.  

  I used up some bits and pieces of gold glimmer paper by punching out some small stars with the Stars border punch.

  On the inside I actually stamped the "Fleece Navidad" sentiment that comes with this set along with another sheep.

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Barnyard Babies

Ink: Memento black, Alcohol markers

Paper: Garden Green, Whisper White, Gold Glimmer, Core'dinations retired (Garden Green, Real Red, Primrose petals)

Accessories: Stars border punch, Tags & Labels framelits, Garden Green striped ribbon, gold cording, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!