Friday, November 9, 2012

Postage Thanks Fab Friday 06

  Can you believe we are on our 6th Fab Friday challenge already?  The time has just flown by and I'm having a blast with Mindy's challenges.  Today she has a color challenge for us.  I have to admit that this challenge snuck up on me...I think I've been thrown off my schedule since the storm last week and then election day on Tuesday.  It seems that every time I turn around the boys are having a day off from school.  I finally put all the boring household "to-do" items aside this morning and worked on this card.  I had the idea in my head I just had to make it work with the actual paper...sometime easier said then done!  Head over to the Fab Friday challenge to see the other awesome designer creations.


  These colors are so great for masculine themed cards or for fall cards as well.  I decided to go with a thank you card.  Change up the sentiment and you've got a birthday card!  I used the Postage Due set and stamped the large background stamp in Crumb Cake onto a Crumb Cake base stamping several times without re-inking to fill up the whole card front.

  I used a strip of scrap First Edition Specialty DSP which I dirtied up with some sponging with Crumb Cake.  I wrapped some linen thread around the card front and tied it off with a small length of Midnight Muse stitched ribbon.

  For the stamps I used each of the 3 stamp stamps (ha!) using the same color ink and paper.  The postage stamp punch makes quick work of a layout like this.  For the sentiment I stamped the "thanks" from Petite Pairs in Midnight Muse onto Very Vanilla and punched that one out as well.  I sponged a bit of Crumb Cake onto the edges and added a Vintage Trinket brad to the corner.  Each stamp is popped with a dimensional.

   Let's see what you can come up with using this fabulous color combination! 


  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Postage Due, Petite Pairs

Ink: More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze

Paper: More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, First Ed. Specialty DSP

Accessories: linen thread, In Color Stitched ribbon, Vintage Trinket, stamp punch,

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card!! Love the pretty postage stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors and your ribbon treatment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!