Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Serene Gumball Trees

   I am at loose ends this morning!  My husband decided to bring the boys into his office for a few hours this morning to show them where he works etc.  Apparently there is not much going on due to the 4th of July holiday.  I think he's nuts to bring both of them at the same time (they are good kids but they are boys after all!) but I'm not complaining about a summer morning to myself!  If only I had more warning I would have had some "me time" planned.  Of course I could always stamp right?  =)

  The card I'm showing today is another one that my group did last week at my new catalog party.  I'm really glad I got the Serene Silhouettes stamp set.  It really caught my eye in the catalog and I've seen a lot of great cards made with it.

 This is another card that is loaded with new products!  First is the layer of Gumball Green (new In Color) that was embossed with the new Chevron embossing folder.  The next most obvious item is the new wood button tied on with linen thread (aka Man Ribbon). These buttons are great for nature inspired cards as well as masculine cards.  They add just the right touch without being over the top.

  For the image panel I made a frame with one of the new Apothecary Accents Framelits by cutting out the shape and then using the remaining opening and laid it over a piece of Very Vanilla and sponged some Crumb Cake ink.  Then the trees were stamped right over the top of the Framelit sponged shape in Gumball Green.  A little edge tearing on the Very Vanilla piece and a strip of Early Espresso and that part was finished.

  Adhere everything together on to a Crumb Cake base with a small strip of First Edition Specialty paper and we've got a card!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Serene Silhouettes


  Ink: Gumball Green, Crumb Cake

  Paper: Crumb Cake, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, First Ed. Specialty DSP, Early Espresso

  Accessories: line thread, wooden button, Chevron e.f., Apothecary Accents Framelits

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to use the framelit negative for sponging! I like the torn edges along the main panel as well. And 'man ribbon', just too funny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I like your sponging in the back of the trees. Congratulations for winning the SoShelly creative challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!