Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Lovely Get Well - Stampin' Up! Lovely & Sweet

   Finding time to stamp the last few days has been tough!  I thought I was in good shape with Christmas stuff a week ago and now all of a sudden I seem to have a mile long to-do list!  But I have so many new products I want to try out that I'm squeezing in a bit of stamping whenever I can!  I used the CASE the designer challenge at Inspire.Create for my card today.   Using the layout made this one come together quickly (except for the coloring!).


    I started with a Pebbled Path base then added a layer of Basic White.  On the Basic White layer I arranged my strips of Nature's Sweetness DSP around the outside edges to make a nice little frame for he star of the show!

 I stamped the image in Pecan Pie then pulled out my colored pencils.  The coloring really didn't take that long at all and before I knew it I had beautiful almond branch.  Next it was die cut it and popped up on dimensionals on the card front.

  For the sentiment I wanted to try out the new Thoughtful Moments Hybrid embossing folder.  This one has 10 different sentiments on it and comes with a large die that cuts out each of the sentiments as well a bunch of smaller dies that are shapes to accent the sentiments like hearts, stars and flowers.  The neat thing about this hybrid design is that you can ink up the embossing folder with the new brayer and get a cool inked outline around the embossed words.  I gave it a go and after a few practice tries with color/paper combos I got one I liked but it was a little stark so I ended up filling in the open space with my Pecan Pie light blends marker.  I know I'll be using this set of products a lot in the coming months!

  The only embellishments that I thought this design needed were a few retired adhesive-backed speckled dots which go well with the green of the leaves.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE. Products marked with a * will be available starting January 4, 2024.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lovely & Sweet*

Ink: Pecan Pie

Colored Pencils: Daffodil Delight, Pecan Pie, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Calypso Coral

Blends: Pecan Pie light

Paper: Pebbled Path, Basic White, Nature's Sweetness DSP*

Accessories: Thoughtful Moments Hybrid embossing folder/dies*, dimensionals, adhesive-backed speckled dots (retired)



  

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, Your card is beautiful. I love that you used some new products. The sentiment bundle is on my next order. Thanks for playing with Inspire.Create Challemges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love that stamp set!!! and your colors are so perfect!! Great use of the layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!