Sunday, May 9, 2021

Well Suited Birthday - Stampin' Up! Perennial Petals - Paper Players 540

   Happy Sunday Stampers!  And Happy Mother's Day to you all out there whether or not you have children of your own or not.  I hope the day is whatever you need or want it to be!

  Hopefully you want it to have some stamping in it!  The Paper Players are back with a new challenge!  Laurie has given us a great color challenge to try out.  Red, Black and Gray.  

  This combo just called out for me to do a masculine card.  I've been trying to up my game with having some more masculine cards on hand and not just stamp them when I need to have the card in the mail yesterday.  I looked through my stamps and papers and this is what I came up with.

  Some of the only DSP that I had that was in either red or gray was the gray pinstripe pattern from the Well Suited DSP so I decided to use it in the background and jazzed up the edges a bit with the new Basic Borders dies.  

  Since I'm still woefully lacking in masculine stamps and had convinced myself that I couldn't do anything but masculine, I used the large sentiment from Perennial Petals embossed in black, the little stack of gifts from Kangaroo and Company (also embossed), and the mini envelope die from the Snails dies to make the little birthday grouping.

  I finished off some details with a black bakers twine bow on the envelope and some retired candy dots to bring a bit more red to the design.

  For more inspiration check out what The Paper Players design team did with these colors: 

 Jaydee
 LeAnne
Claire
Joanne
Laurie
Anne Marie
Ann
Nancy
Debbie 


  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Kangaroo and Company, Perennial Petals

Ink: Versamark

Blends: Real Red dark, Smoky Slate dark

Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Real Red, Well Suited DSP

Accessories: Basic Borders dies, Snail Dies, dimensionals, black bakers twine, candy dots (retired)


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...this is one the best masculine birthday cards ever! I absolutely love how you used the new Basic Border dies. The red envelope and candy dots are perfect "pops" of color. A perfect card for today's challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pinstripe with the angles - is amazing. The little envelope filled with presents is the perfect finishing touch. Awesome masculine card. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sharp card....love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, what a cool, bold design. It makes the colors pop. I love everything about this. Hope you're enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, this is such a fabulous masculine card. I love the pinstripe on the angles! Brilliant layout! That little red envelope full of gifts is so fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to love about your card this week Amanda! The shape you created with those border dies make a great background and I just love how you combined elements from a real variety of otherwise generic sets to create something masculine that is so fabulous! Best thing is I have all those sets so just need to find a substitute DSP in my stash and I'm adding to my CASE pile! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE how you combined the stamp sets along with the masculine DSP. Such an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!