Saturday, December 19, 2020

Snowflake Cutout - Stampin' Up! Snowflake Wishes

   I know I said I was finished making Christmas cards but my husband remembered one that he needed so I dug through my pile of card parts and came up with a bunch of snowflakes that I had die cut but never used on other projects to see what I could come up with.

  I used the Freshly Made Sketches layout for my inspiration though I think my final results might be a bit fussy for their clean takes.

  I liked this sketch because it was a larger center panel that I could use the big snowflake cut out die from the So Many Snowflakes dies which I don't think I used nearly enough.  

  The card base is Whisper White thick, then a layer of Snowflake Splendor DSP.  I die cut 2 scalloped rectangles using the Stitched So Sweetly dies; one in Whisper White and the other in Balmy Blue Glimmer paper.  Next I cut the big snowflake in the Whisper White panel. Using tear tape in the corners I adhered the Whisper White rectangle to the Glimmer paper one so all that lovely shimmery blue shines through.

  To keep with the sketch I added two little pieces of Misty Moonlight to the sides and then adhered the whole panel to the card front with dimensionals.  The 2 snowflakes are added; one in Balmy Blue Glimmer paper and the other in stamped off once Misty Moonlight.

  The sentiment from Banner Years stamped in Misty Moonlight and then flagged.  A silver/white baker's twine bow adds a bit of shine to it.  The final item is the faceted gem in Seaside Spray in the center of the righthand snowflake.

  I made a few more of this design just changing out a few things like the DSP, the snowflakes using what I had already cut and adding a new sentiment to make the card for New Years.  The sentiment comes from a set in the upcoming Jan.-June Mini catalog called Many Messages.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Wishes, Banner Year (card #2 Many Messages)

Ink: Misty Moonlight (card #2 Misty Moonlight & Balmy Blue)

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, Snowflake Splendor DSP, Balmy Blue Glimmer

Accessories: Stitched So Sweetly dies, So Many Snowflakes dies, dimensionals, faceted gem, white/silver baker's twine (retired)




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous glittery snowflakes on a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!