Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Summer Rose in Green - Stampin' Up! To a Wild Rose

  One of the fun things about stamping is not having to stick to realistic color schemes for any images.  You can have purple cats, blue cows and flowers any color you want even if they would never appear that way in ones garden!

  I enjoy finding color combinations from many different places.  I grabbed a fun color scheme on Sunday from cool dress in a pew ahead of me but today's color combination was inspired by this comforter in the Company Store catalog. My rose ended up being green and I don't think that's a real rose color but I don't care because with stamps and ink we can do what we want!

 
These colors just seems so summery to me.  The retired Lemon Lime Twist would have been perfect for the brighter green but since I was designing a card for class I thought that a very light touch with Granny Apple Green would give me the same look and I was right.


 I swapped the main colors but kept the floral theme and also got to work in some shimmer with Shimmer White paper and the new Shimmer White embossing powder.  Both the rose and leaf are embossed with the shimmer powder and it looks really cool in real life.  Just a tip though: when embossing on white paper be very careful not to overheat the image.  It's harder to see the change with the shimmer pay close attention.


  Once the image was heated and cooled I did a bit of light watercoloring with inks and an Aquapainter.  I sprayed a bit of water onto the rose so the colors would be more muted but did not for the leaf so the color would be more bold and not look too similar to the flower.  The center of the flower is Granny Apple Green and then Call Me Clover starts a bit darker then lightens as it reached the edges of the petals.  The leaf is Call Me Clover.

  The rose and leaf are popped with dimensionals over a die cut lattice element backed with a strip of Granny Apple Green cardstock.  All of that is backed with a piece of Call Me Clover embossed with the Subtle embossing folder and mounted on a Whisper White thick card base.

  Any sort of sentiment can be used on the inside but we used a birthday on this time.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: To a Wild Rose

Ink: Versamark, Granny Apple Green, Call Me Clover

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Call Me Clover, Granny Apple Green

Accessories: Shimmer White embossing powder, Wild Rose dies, Subtle embossing folder, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!