Monday, May 13, 2019

Crazy Cats - Stampin' Up! Nine Lives

  I'm late to the cat punch love fest but once I got the Nine Lives stamp set from the Occasions catalog I had to design a card for my last class to show off how cute this stamp set is along with the punch.

  While everyone can do the 'stamp your image then punch it out' thing I always like to show my stampers some other ways they can use their Stampin' Up! products that maybe they haven't thought of.  I decided to show them how to create a background using different colors of cardstock and the punch.  This is also a nice way to use up some smaller scraps.  If you can get even a small part of the cat punched you can use it to fill in some of the extra spaces.  Just punch all the cats and then arrange them on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I arrange them first then take a quick picture with my phone then adhere them referring back to picture to see how I had them 'just so'.  After you have the cats adhered just trim off the overhanging bits and use of those pieces to fill in space if needed.


  The cat background panel is adhered to a Gray Granite card base.  The stamped and punched cat is mounted on a stitched rectangle die cut with dimensionals.  The sentiment is stamped in Memento Black and the whole panel is popped with dimensionals.

  After this card was finished it reminded me of a favorite picture book of my boys when they were little.  It's called Cat Count by Betsy Lewin  The boys loved counting the cats on each page and the rhyming gives the story a nice pace.  Definitely check it out if you see this one at your library and have little ones.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

 Stamps: Nine Lives

Ink: Gray Granite, Sahara Sand, Memento Black

Paper: Gray Granite, Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede

Accessories: Cat punch, Stitched Rectangles dies, dimensionals, Nature's twine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!