Thursday, May 9, 2019

Bluebird Ballad - Stampin' Up! Free As a Bird

  So I have no (or very little) self-control when there is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator pre-order!  I admit it!  I want it all and I want it now!  Actually I think I do ok and just order a few things to play with because I really just want a hard copy of the catalog.  It could be really easy to go nuts but I try to limit myself to get items that I absolutely love. My preorder came on Monday and I wasted no time opening up that box and seeing my new goodies!

  The Free As a Bird bundle jumped out at me because I love birds and we just had our first nest of bluebirds for the season fledge.  I knew I had to make a bluebird card to celebrate.  How cute are these guys?


  I got some of my inspiration from my fellow Fab Friday Design Team member Brian King who is also on the Global Design Project team and his card is the inspiration this week.  The Balmy Blue gingham paper is a sweet background for these birds.

  I did a lot of coloring with my Stampin' Blends on the birds and flowers.  Prepare yourself for a lot of upcoming bird cards!  The flowers were stamped, colored then fussy cut; they're small so it's pretty easy!

  The new Stitched Nested Label dies are going to be really fun to work with.  They have a nice shape and the set has 9 dies so you'll be sure to have just the right size for your project.

  The little Old Olive leaf sprigs come from the also new Wild Rose dies which you'll be seeing a lot more of as well!

  What are you most excited to see in the new catalog?  What are you going to miss when it retires from the current catalog?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Free as a Bird

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Night of Navy light, Balmy Blue light & dark,  Pumpkin Pie light & dark, Ivory, Granny Apple Green light & dark, Old Olive light, Soft Suede dark, Daffodil Delight light & dark, Mango Melody light, Pool Party light

Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Gingham Gala DSP, Old Olive

Accessories: Stitched Nested Label dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, Wild Rose dies, dimensionals, 1/8" Blueberry Bushel grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Amanda ... Love the colouring on your birds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, Amanda! I love how you've colored these sweet birds. Pre-order is always an exciting time to be a demonstrator - always. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!