Friday, December 7, 2018

Snowflakes Abound - Stampin' Up! Another Wonderful Year - Fab Friday 152

  Well here we are back again on a Friday!  And a Fab Friday challenge day no less!  Just in time for a possible snowy weekend of stamping here in the RVA!  I've got my supplies ready and the stamp room all cleaned up in case we are stuck at home!  And we have a great set of colors for you to inspire you to maybe finish up those Christmas cards.  If you're a Johnny on the spot and already have yours mailed out then you can use this color combo for many other occasions so hop to it.


  No your eyes aren't deceiving you!  There are 5 colors in this challenge.  But I know you can do it...that's why it's called a challenge!

  I fell back onto an often used trick to get a lot of colors on one card; Color Blocking.  I just used a one inch strip of each of the colors to create the background panel.


  I attached the strips to a piece of Whisper White and then ran the whole thing through the Big Shot using the Subtle embossing folder.  A nice *subtle* texture for my blizzard to be adhered to.

  The white velvet cardstock that was originally included in the Snowflake Showcase special offer sold out so fast I didn't get a chance to use it in class so I have a lot of it left.   I had fun cutting away and making a pile of snowflakes to use on this card.  It was a bit tedious with the fine tip glue pen but no big sticky accidents.

  The only stamping on this card is the sentiment from Another Wonderful Year stamped in Cherry Cobbler then cut out with the Stitched Shapes framelits.  It's popped on dimensionals above some silver/white baker's twine.  I added a rhinestone to each snowflake center because why not?

  I can't wait to see what you all come up with for all. these. colors.  Head over to the Fab Friday challenge site to see more inspiration and to upload your creation!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Another Wonderful Year

Ink: Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Shaded Spruce, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler, White Velvet (retired)Whisper White

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Stitched Shapes framelits, Snowfall Thinlets (retired), rhinestones, silver/white bakers twine, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!