Monday, February 26, 2018

Bluebirds are Coming! - Stampin' Up! Flying Home

  This weekend we did a bit of work around the house as the weather was nice so we had some windows open doing some spring cleaning and tidying up.  One of the things we checked off the list was to adjust the camera and wires that connects to our bluebird house.  Yes, that's right I have a little camera that is in the bluebird box and runs to the TV in our playroom.  I can see all the fun things that the bird do when they pick our box for their nest!  It's really cool and fascinating!  We've had 2 different pairs of bluebirds the last 2 years raise families and my fingers are crossed for another pair or 2 this year.

  This is Martha sitting on her 5 eggs 2 years ago.  Yes we've named the birds!  The first pair was George & Martha.  The second pair was John & Abigail.  Can anyone guess what names we'll us for #3?


  And these are her 5 sweet and hungry chicks!



  I'll share current pictures once we have confirmed our next "renters"!

 In keeping with the bluebird theme my card today uses the Flying Home stamp set.  Again, it's another bird themed stamp set from the Occasions catalog.  This one is a fun line art set perfect for coloring!


  I started with a Soft Sky base and them built up my layers from there.  Using the fun lacy diecut from the Petals & More thinlet set I cut 2 strips out of Melon Mambo cardstock and then layered them under a panel of the Wood Textures DSP.  If you line up the die cuts just right you can't really see the seam at all.

  Next is a Stitched Shape circle cut from watercolor paper and stamped with the bird house image in Stazon.  I colored in the image with my markers.  I dug through my ribbon scraps and found a bit of 1/2" finely woven ribbon in Lemon Lime Twist and made a little flag and stapled it to the edge of the circle.  I popped the circle up on dimensionals.

  Lastly I stamped a few butterflies and a little bee in Soft Sky ink right onto the card base and then added a little 'hello' in black.  The hello is from the Tabs for Everything set.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Flying Home, Tabs for Everything

Ink: Stazon, Soft Sky  Markers: Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Basic Gray

Paper: Soft Sky, Watercolor paper, Wood Textures DSP, Melon Mambo

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Petals & More thinlets, finely woven ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea to have a bluebird box with a camera! Well clearly this year's male will be Thomas (Jefferson), and since you've already had a Martha, I'm guessing this year's pair will be Thomas and Sally (for Sally Hemmings).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!