Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Mini Christmas Tree - Stampin' Up! Christmas Quilt

  I am so sad that the Christmas Quilt bundle won't be carrying over after the Holiday catalog ends.  I don't think I've even scratched the surface of what can be made with this bundle.  I was hoping for a coordinating set for spring in the upcoming Occasions catalog but no luck!

 We did use the bundle at my last class to make this cute Christmas card.  The 6x6 Quilted Christmas DSP was so fun to use for the background.  There are so many great patterns in this pack that I know some of my stampers had a hard time choosing which 3 to use on their own card.


 The card base is Garden Green, then 3 different panels of the Quilted Christmas paper.  Next, using one of the Quilt Builder dies we made the fun stitching detail in a panel of Whisper White.  I saw it as a star but one of my stampers pointed out that it kind of looked like a snowflake too; it's fun to see what people see when looking at the same thing isn't it?

  Anyway, we used the star/snowflake imprint as the base for the tree.  The tree was stamped with Garden Green ink onto Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and hand cut (there is a die that does the triangle shape but it's just as easy to snip it out, especially in a class setting). We stamped the tree base in Real Red on Real Red cardstock and also hand cut it.  The star is die cut from Silver Glimmer paper.  All the tree pieces are popped up with dimensionals.  The mini dimensionals were the perfect size!

  The sentiment from Oh, What Fun is stamped on Whisper White in Garden Green ink and the end flagged and slide under the tree panel.

  The design is a quick card and so fun with all the different patterns you can choose for the background panels.

  I'm sorry the Christmas Quilt bundle won't be carrying over but I'm definitely going to enjoy using it while I can!

  Thanks for looking at Fab Friday!

Stamps: Christmas Quilt, Oh, What Fun

Ink: Garden Green, Real Red

Paper: Garden Green, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer, Quilted Christmas DSP

Accessories: Quilt Builder framelits, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!