Friday, October 20, 2017

Rich Autumn Leaves Part 2 - Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons

 A few weeks ago I shared a card for the Fab Friday challenge that was a color challenge.  It looks almost exactly like this one right?  I designed this one first for my stamp club last month and just switched the colors out for the challenge (along with a few other details).  Work smarter, not harder!  Some weeks there just aren't enough hours to stamp as much as I'd like to!

  We've had a few cool days and cold nights so I think we'll be starting to see some autumn color like this soon.


  One of my stampers had mentioned last month that she had to send out a few sympathy cards recently and we agreed that sympathy cards weren't really fun cards to make in the moment.  I usually like to have a few pre-made in my card stash so that is why I designed this card for my stampers last month.  The great thing about a design like this is it's versatility; with just a quick change of sentiment it can be a birthday, hello or thank you card.

  The card base is Very Vanilla thick and then a layer of the Woodgrain DSP with the leaves from Colorful Seasons stamped in Crumb Cake all over.

  A piece of 1/8" Sheer ribbon in Fresh Fig is tied across the card front.  The sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers is stamped in Fresh Fig with some Crumb Cake (stamped off once) leaves and then it's all punched out with the Everyday Label punch.

  The leaves are embossed in gold on watercolor paper and then colored with reinkers and an Aquapainter in Cajun Craze, Fresh Fig and Crushed Curry.  The leaves are cut out with the Seasonal Layers thinlets and popped up okn the card front with dimensionals.

  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and gets lots of stamping time in!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Colorful Seasons, Thoughts & Prayers

Ink: Crumb Cake, Fresh Fig, Versamark  Reinkers: Cajun Craze, Fresh Fig, Crushed Curry

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Wood Grain DSP, watercolor paper, Very Vanilla

Accessories: gold embossing powder, Seasonal Layers thinlets, Fresh Fig sheer ribbon, dimensionals, Everyday Label punch

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda.

    I just wanted to tell you I think this card, as well as several others I have seen as I have just taken a peek at your blog, are so nice. Your style is great! You seem to make cards that are very pretty and still not too difficult to make. I can see you blog regularly,and I just wanted to let you know people do look at, and enjoy, the time you have taken to share all of the beautiful cards you've made.

    I am a hobby demo who lives in north central Arizona (up in the mountains where it is a lot cooler than what most people have in their minds, when they think about AZ. We even get snow a few times each year).

    BTW,it was a card you made in 2014 that I saw on Pinterest that brought me to your blog. It was made with the Holiday Home stamp set and displayed with a battery operated tea light behind the vellum opening. That is one of my favorite sets and it is always fun to find new ideas for using it. Now I have one more!

    Have a great day! And, yes! I have stamped today! ��

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!