Thursday, October 26, 2017

Fall Daisies - Stampin' Up! Daisy Delight

In keeping with the theme of my days lately I'm still running behind in sharing my stamp club cards from last month.  I designed this card using a simple, back to basics technique.  Sometimes, with all of the fun new tools and Big Shot dies available we can forget about the easy "stamps, paper, ink" stamping.


  Not the best photo (apparently another theme of my days lately!), but this is a very clean and simple card.

  First, to make the blue square I just took a piece of copy paper and made a stencil template by using my Layering Squares framelits to cut a square out of the center of the copy paper.  If you don't have a Big Shot or the square framelits you can cut your own stencil with an exacto knife.  Other shapes work great too!  Great creative!  After using a bit of  repositionable adhesive (washi tape works too) to line up the stencil over a piece of Whisper White I sponged Soft Sky ink inside the square.  I ave found that starting your sponging/swiping on the outside edges of the stencil and working to the center give the best results and prevents the template from getting caught and torn.  And now you have a nice light background to do the rest of your stamping on.  I tend to keep all of my stencils so that I don't have to always make a new one cutting down on one more step!

  The Daisy Delight stamp set has the perfect size of small flowers to use inside the sponged frame.  The little images in this set might get overlooked at first glance in favor of the large daisy and matching punch but definitely take a look at some of the smaller stamps; there is a lot you can do with them!  The daisy stems are stamped in Tranquil Tide ink, the base of the daisies is Crushed Curry and the outline overlay is Early Espresso.

  See, very easy and it doesn't take a lot of tools or extra equipment!  The final details is the punched sentiment.  Since the rest of the card was flat I wanted one element to be popped.  The sentiment is from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set in Early Espresso and then punched out with the Duet Banner punch.  I trimmed the flag ends off, punched another banner and used the trimmed flagged ends and popped the sentiment up with mini dimensionals.  This is a way to extend the size of the banner as well.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Delightful Daisy, Thoughtful Banners

Ink: Soft Sky, Tranquil Tide, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso

Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White

Accessories: Layering Squares framelits (for stencil), Duet Banner punch, mini dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!