Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Teacher Appreciation Pocket Card - Stampin' Up! Cool Treats

 This week we are celebrating all the fabulous teachers my boys lucky enough to have at their school.  I can't let the week go by without making some cards to say thank you.  The Cool Treats stamp set is perfect to go along with a gift card to Brusters Ice Cream for all those great educators.

  I designed a quick and easy pocket card and made 9 of these in no time.


  I pulled my colors right from the coordinating Tasty Treats DSP.  And as of this blog post, the paper is still available.  The stamp set and framelits are carrying over to the annual catalog but not at the bundle price which saves you 10% so if you're digging these ice cream and popsicle cards don't wait to order the bundle.

  I used my envelope punch board to create the pocket out of Crumb Cake cardstock.  I just folded in and adhered one of the small flaps to leave the top open.  So easy!  I used Tear Tape to adhere the flaps.

  The belly band is a strip of the Tasty Treats DSP with a Peekaboo Peach scalloped circle.  On top of the scalloped circle is a Whisper White circle which I layered my triple scoop ice cream cone.

  The cone is stamped in Crumb Cake with the crosshatch pattern added in Soft Suede and then cut out with the Frozen Treats framelits.  The scoops use (from the bottom up) Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder and Pool Party ink.  The scoops are cut out and the Pool Party scoop is popped on a dimensional.  

  The strawberry is stamped off in Real Red with the accents stamped in full strength Real Red.  The stem is Pear Pizzazz.  I hand cut the strawberry and adhered it with a dot of 2 way glue.


  The pull out is Watermelon Wonder with a layer of Whisper White for the stamping.  Pool Party is used for the greeting from One Big Meaning.  Another cone is stamped like the one on the pocket and I did some masking for the scoop.

  I punched a hole in the top for the pull and added some retired cotton Pool Party ribbon tied with a retired Calypso Coral baker's twine bow.

  Now I just need to have the boys write out a little note to the teachers and add the gift card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Cool Treats, One Big Meaning

Ink: Pool Party, Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder (retiring), Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz

Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder, Tasty Treats DSP (retiring)

Accessories: Frozen Treats framelits, Layering Circles framelits, corner rounder, envelope punch board, dimensionals, Pool Party cotton ribbon (retired), Calypso Coral baker's twine (retired)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!