Thursday, May 11, 2017

Classic Daisy - Stampin' Up! Daisy Delight

    The folks over at Global Design Project have a fun sketch challenge this week and I found some time to play along yesterday.  The Daisy Delight stamp set is so cheerful that I wanted to use it again for a classic daisy card.



  I  love this color combo; Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Basic Black. 

  The card base is Whisper White thick, then a piece of the retired It's My Party DSP cut on an angle.  I didn't have any current Old Olive ribbon so I dug around in my ribbon scrap bin and pulled out some of this long, long, long retired wide grosgrain ribbon.  I adhered it on the edge of the DSP and trimmed the overhang.  I used a few dabs of glue to keep the ends from fraying.

  The large top panel is just Daffodil Delight topped by Whisper White.  I stamped the daisy in Daffodil Delight twice and punched it out.  2 leaves were stamped in Old Olive and cut out.  The daisies are layered and then popped on dimensionals with a gold faceted gem in the center.  The leaves are tucked under the petals.

  I embossed the sentiment on a narrow strip of Basic Black and flagged the ends.  The Sunshine Sayings stamp set makes it really easy to create a sentiment for just about any occasion. A linen thread bow was added to one end before adhering with dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Daisy Delight*, Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, It's My Party DSP (retired)

Accessories: Daisy punch*, dimensionals, gold faceted gem*, white embossing powder, linen thread, wide grosgrain ribbon (retired)

*Items will be available in the upcoming 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Annual catalog 


1 comment:

  1. A lovely CAS project with the daisy and faceted gem as a gorgeous feature, Amanda. A wonderful take on this weeks GDP Sketch Challenge and thnkyou for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!