Thursday, April 20, 2017

Simple Blossom Sympathy - Stampin' Up! You've Got This

 While I only purchase and stamp with Stampin' Up! products I do enjoy seeing what other companies are designing from time to time.  And if I want to,  I can usually recreate a design using my Stampin' Up! supplies.  Pinterest is a great place to just browse designs without having to slog through 20 different company websites.  I pinned this card quite a while ago.  I think the simplicity of the large white flower really drew my attention.  So when I needed a sympathy card recently, I pulled up my "ideas" board and looked around and decided to use one of my Stampin' Up! sets to make a similar card.

 

  The card starts with a Basic Black card base, then a layer of Sahara Sand.  On the Sahara Sand layer I stamped the big peony (??) blossom from You've Got This in black twice.

  Then I stamped the flower again on Whisper White and fussy cut it out.  I also stamped some of the leaves twice so I could layer them behind after they were colored.

  The flower is colored in with clear Wink of Stella (which you can't see at all in the photo) and the center is colored with the Daffodil Delight colored pencil.  The leavs are lightly colored with the Old Olive colored pencil and then the some highlights added with the Old Olive marker.

  The flower and one set of leaves are popped on a dimensional over the top of the background flowers.  The sentiment is stamped in black.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: You've Got This, Thoughts and Prayers

Ink: Basic Black  Colored Pencils: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive  Marker: Old Olive

Paper: Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Whisper White

Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!